- Driving directions and parking
- Office: Class list
- Office: Dates/times
Looking for a colored pencil class in Seattle that’s step-by-step and designed for total beginners? A class where you can learn how to draw in color using high quality pencils, in beautiful, vibrant hues? Our Colored Pencil for Beginners workshop is a good place to start.
In this class, you’ll spend the time drawing in color, working from step by step materials created by the instructor, so you can work at your own pace, consulting with the instructor whenever you need help. If you’re brand new at drawing, we recommend taking “Drawing for Absolute Beginners” first.
We recommend buying a set of Prismacolor Premier colored pencils for this class. But you can use any soft, easy-to-blend colored pencils. We also recommend getting some Prismacolor 962 Premier Colorless Blender Pencils.
In this Colored Pencil Drawing class:
- We’ll start by learning to create clean lines and edges, then move on to laying in fields of color.
- You’ll learn how to create a variety of complex colors starting from just a few pencils, using blending and layering effects.
- You’ll learn how to draw simple forms and still life.
- You’l learn how to use color to create gentle or dramatic effects.
- We’ll then move on to more complex images, such as trees, mountains and simple landscapes in colored pencil.